
Happy Birthday, Kendall!
One of Josh's classmates invited us over for a barbeque on the 4th of July. We had good food and company up on his rooftop, which overlooked downtown Houston. As a result, we were able to get a pretty good view of the fireworks (rumored to be the biggest fireworks show in the country--whether this is true or not, I do not know--because, of course, everything must be bigger here in Texas). However, though the fireworks were great, I really enjoyed watching Eli. Like most babies, he loves lights. Eli also has big eyes and is wide-eyed all the time, as anyone who has met him can testify. Unfortunately, we didn't have our camera with us to take a picture of his expression, but he was fun to watch as he took in all the new people, and the fireworks were more fun to watch because of him. In fact, I am re-living all the simple things in life as I get to see them through his eyes. I enjoy things more, and I realize how much I take them for granted. I am eagerly looking forward to our trip to Seattle and then Victoria, Canada in a week. Eli is going to love all the new experiences he will have, and I, too, will be glad to have them.


1 comment:
Oh how sweet. sometimes spencer and i will just sit back and think about how much more fun life will be when Sophee will be with us. HOlidays, birthdays...everything! i can't wait!
Post a Comment