Monday, August 4, 2008
Josh's Birthday
I said I was behind, and this proves it. Josh's birthday was on the 26th of July, which was just a few days after we got back from our trip. He turned the big 30. Of course, I can only tease him for a year because I will soon follow.
In the morning, we went to the Houston Temple, which is about 45 minutes North of where we live. I had thought about getting a babysitter for Eli, but because we extended our trip, it just didn't happen. We ended up just walking around the temple with Eli. It was still nice even though we didn't go in, but it was definitely hot, especially when compared to the Northwest.
For lunch, we went to Josh's favorite Mexican restaurant, which is nearby the temple. He likes it because you can get really good fajitas for two at a great price--$13.25. Believe me, we are stuffed by the time we finish.
Because we were still exhausted from our trip (time zone changes), Josh just wanted to rest, so I let him nap for the afternoon. Later in the evening, we went swimming. I was going to take him out to dinner for Greek food, which he loves but rarely gets, but we were too full from lunch. We did, however, open gifts and have birthday cake--angel food cake with cream filling and homemade blueberry sauce (made from the bluberries we picked in Washington). Yummy!
So, we didn't do anything big, but we did enjoy each other's company. Priceless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hooray! I'm glad to have your blog now :-)...and Happy Birthday Josh!!!
Post a Comment