Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving in Gig Harbor


Though I'm sure he loved visiting Grandpa and Grandma Pratt, I think Eli will be grateful he won't be remembering his first Thanksgiving. I certainly have a lot of gratitude for a generally happy and pleasant baby. Unfortunately, Eli was not his usual on Thanksgiving. He left Houston with a cold, which got worse until he was running a fever and screaming all morning on Thanksgiving. Eli's happy temperment was overshadowed by his obvious pain for the majority of the trip. We did manage to take this somewhat deceiving picture on Thanksgiving as he managed to eat about two bites of squash. In fact, he must have lost his appetite because he wouldn't eat hardly anything while we were there. He's gradually getting his appetite back now that we're home, but he still seems to be fairly picky about what he eats. Before we left, he loved sweet potatoes, squash, etc. Now he barely touches them. If it doesn't have banana in it, forget it. Maybe it's just a stage, or maybe it's the after effects of a trip in which his mommy felt she was starving him. He finally ate some banana on the plane ride home, and he's been loving it ever since. As for the plane ride home, it was not a fun experience. On the way to Gig Harbor, some ladies told Josh that Eli gets the "best baby on a plane" award because he was so good. I guess we should never have accepted the award because it was a jinx. He definitely did not earn it on the flight from Seattle to Las Vegas. It was all Josh and I could do to keep Eli's crying to a minimum and avoid the stares (evil ones probably). I was tempted to call my parents during our two hours or so in the Vegas airport and have them come get Eli. No, just kidding. I was really thinking that it might be nice to avoid at least one flight on our way to St. George for Christmas, but we'd miss Josh too much. As a result, we will be flying again in two weeks, and I REALLY hope that it's much better. Otherwise, I may be saying NO to flying for a while. If you want to see Eli (since he's really the reason people want to see us nowadays) :-), you'll have to come to Houston. At least the flight to Las Vegas is much shorter than the one to Seattle, so here's hoping (fingers crossed) and praying (literally) that Eli lives up to his once earned award.

No comments: