It's a couple of days after the fact, but I've finally joined the thirty and over group. My birthday was on Thursday (sorry, no pictures were taken), and as I said good-bye to my twenties forever, I thought about what that decade of my life yielded. Here are just a few things that came to mind:
Places Lived During my Twenties
*Ripon, Wisconsin
*St. George, Utah (briefly--for the two summers before and after my mission)
*Dominican Republic
*Salt Lake City, Utah
*Houston, Texas
Schools Attended and Formal Education Received During my Twenties
*Ripon College
*University of Utah
*University of St. Thomas
*Two Bachelor's Degrees (English & Political Science)
*Teacher Certification
Jobs Held During my Twenties
*Student
*Sales Associate (twice)
*Accounts Receivable Clerk
*Medical Records Clerk
*Spanish/English Interpreter
*High School English Teacher
*Stay-at-home Mom
Church Callings Received During my Twenties
*Young Women teacher (Mia Maids)
*Relief Society teacher
*Full-time missionary
*Primary teacher (twice--4/5 year-olds and 7/8 year-olds, which is my current calling and longest one I've ever had)
*Ward missionary
*Relief Society visiting teaching supervisor
*Counselor in the Primary presidency (twice--very briefly both times)
*Nursery teacher/helper
*Activities committee
Favorite Highlights of my Twenties (in order of their occurrence)
*Serving a mission in the Dominican Republic
*Graduating with my undergraduate degrees
*Getting married to Josh for time and all eternity in the St. George temple
*Having and raising my first child--my sweet baby boy, Eli
The lists could go on, of course, but these are just a few of the things I think about when I review the last ten years of my life.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Happy birthday Steph! Welcome to the thrilling thirties! I will get that picture to you soon!
Post a Comment