Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Happenings and New Year's Resolutions

This is a little late, but I'm probably justified. We didn't get back until New Year's Eve, and Eli has been sick again. Yes, he caught a cold right before he came home. That, plus the jet lag, and you can imagine what it's been like around here lately. At least Eli wasn't sick on Christmas, though we did manage to get everyone else in Josh's family sick. Or at least we're assuming it was us because everyone except for us ended up with the flu. That's a little suspicious, don't you think?

Despite the spreading of germs, however, we did end up having a great time as you can tell from the pictures below. It's a good thing because we probably won't be headed up to Seattle for a little while. I think we'll be staying home more during 2010. Eli desperately needs the routine that traveling has disrupted. One of my goals this year is to get him to sleep on his own through the night. He's almost two. Is that too much to ask? I mean, he can take off all the child safety locks on our cabinets, take off the safety covers from the outlets, climb out of his crib, and so much more, but he still can't sleep on his own for the night. I'm sure traveling has played a big part in that, so it's not completely his fault. That's why I need to make staying home a resolution. I think it will be better for all of us.

Point Defiance Zoo



Christmas Lights at the Botanical Gardens



Eli playing with his cousins and his Lego digger


Eli playing his grandpa's harmonica
He loved it so much that he didn't pay attention to his stocking

Eli eating his Christmas breakfast



Josh snowshoeing on Mt. Rainier

Here he is with his dad and his friend, Heber

Josh and I got a night away while his mom and sister babysat Eli. Here we are at the Seattle Temple.

No comments: