So much for hoping that not traveling would keep Eli healthier. This has been one of the worst cold and flu seasons ever! We're down to our third cold in 6/7 weeks. I say "we" because Eli and I get them together. Even Josh has managed to get one of the three. I'm sick of being sick, and I'm sure Eli is too. It's not like I haven't taken preventive measures--washing hands, disinfecting toys, washing bedding, etc. I didn't even get this many colds when I was teaching, and believe me, there were plenty of opportunities. I'm hoping this third one is the charm, and when it's over, we'll be done with getting colds.
On a brighter note, Eli is learning so many new things. I can't believe he'll be two next week! He's recently been learning his letters, and can identify all of them. He'll even see the letter and repeat the word we've been learning for it. Today at the doctor's office he pointed to the letter A and said apple, and he loves the letter G because he associates it with garbage. We're still working on numbers and colors. He knows the color blue very well and says it all the time, but he doesn't really say any of the other colors yet, though he identifies some of them when asked. Of course, what I wish he would learn really quickly is how to use the potty, but I guess I just have to be more patient with that one. He's such a big wetter that he really needs to be out of diapers because he's been leaking all the time lately. We've never had that problem before with cloth, and we've tried the disposables, and he still leaks. Anyone who has suggestions on what's worked for you, feel free to share.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment