I've been amused recently by the way Eli refers to himself. He calls himself "the boy". I don't know if children his age say their own names or not, but he seems to struggle just a bit. Maybe we gave him a name that is too hard to put together and pronounce. I'm not sure because he says other people's names just fine. When he does say his name, he basically leaves off the first part and calls himself "I". More frequently, however, he says things like, "no touch the boy" (don't touch me); "No kiss the boy" (don't kiss me); "The boy sleep" (I'm going to sleep); "Mommy the boy dress" (Mommy, get me dressed). When I ask, "who is the boy?" he points to himself and says "I". Funny! Oh, how I love "the boy"!
Friday, July 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
The spaghetti face is awesome! You can tell he enjoyed himself at least. :)
So funny! My boys took a long time to say their own names too. In fact, Nate is 2 and he still doesn't say his name.
"The boy" is adorable!!! He's getting so big! In that picture he looks like he's almost ready to try riding Josh's bike!
i agree, "the boy" is so cute! he's getting so big!!
sophee is still learning to say her name too. she'll say "mei mei" (her middle name) and point to herself, but she will rarely say "sophee"...when she does, it comes out more like "fefee". :)
i guess atleast she's got the Mei Mei part down. :)
Post a Comment