Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Putting Up the Tree

  




 The Christmas tree is up!  This is only the 2nd of six Christmases together that Josh and I have put up a tree.  We've always been gone for most of December, as well as Christmas, and thought it wasn't worth the hassle.  This time we'll actually be home for Christmas, so this is the first year Eli has seen and helped us put up the tree.  He loved it!  He was so excited that he actually hugged the tree at one point and said, "I love you, Christmas tree."  He wants the lights on all the time, even during the day, and I have to continually remind him that the ornaments are to be left on the tree.  We even made some cinnamon gingerbread boy ornaments together, which he loved doing.  I think this will be a really fun Christmas since Eli is understanding it so much better.

1 comment:

Tricia Bagley said...

Cute tree and ornaments! We just put ours up too and Lincoln can't keep his hands off of it, so I know the feeling. We finally moved and will have our first Christmas morning all to ourselves, I'm excited!