Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Let Them Eat Cake!
Josh celebrated another birthday yesterday, and he requested chocolate cake. Those who know me know that I don't eat chocolate (though I don't have any problems serving it to my family), so Josh and Eli had and still have a lot of cake to eat. It was fun to make the cake even if I didn't eat it, but it is difficult to cook/bake without being able to taste-test. I made Eli my taste-tester, and he loved it! It was a chocolate cake with raspberry filling and chocolate cream cheese frosting, and I will say it was very tempting. We only put 25 candles on the cake because we were running out of room, and I was afraid I wouldn't light them fast enough before wax dripped everywhere. I didn't even know Josh when he was 25! That makes him sound old, doesn't it? :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Happy Birthday to Josh! The cake looks beautiful and sounds delicious! I want the recipe for your cream cheese chocolate frosting, please :). Love Eli as the tester, I'm sure he was in heaven.
Love it! The raspberry filling sounds like a yummy twist, I'm going to have to try! Wow, can't believe either that you and Josh hadn't met when he was 25--seems like you've always been part of the family. Love you guys! We miss you--wish we lived down the street from you and we could help make that cake disappear :).
happy bday josh! hope it was a great day! and that cake looks so yummmy!!!
Post a Comment