Of course, Josh insisted that we dress up too (despite my protests), so thanks to the thrift and craft stores, we became a construction crew--Eli and I as construction workers and Josh as a construction cone.
During the week, we made Halloween shaped cookies--both sugar and peanut butter. On the Wednesday before Halloween, we had a Halloween party for playgroup. We made spider deviled eggs, and even though I don't like deviled eggs and never make them for Josh who loves them, I had fun making these ones.
On Halloween we went to the annual trunk-or-treat at the church, which is always fun. We also decided to hit up some houses afterwards since Eli had never done that. Unfortunately, he discovered that not all costumes are like the ones they allow at the trunk-or-treat. He took one look at some of the scary costumes that trick or treaters were wearing and refused to go near them, saying, "I want to go home." I didn't mind since we have PLENTY of candy. Eli has been so excited about all the treats!
| The black "spider" is just a cut-up olive. |
| This is the trick-or-treat bag I made for him. If I had used a pattern and was a better seamstress, it probably would have turned out better, but he still loved his primitive digger bag. |
| The Whole Crew |


3 comments:
Love Eli (and the rest of the crew's) costume -soooo cute! he looks so happy. :) Trunk or treat sounds really fun. Paxton's still too little to care about Halloween yet, but Eli is getting to the perfect age. It also isn't a bad thing he is scared of the scary things.
Love the costumes--Josh makes a great cone! Cute trick-or-treat bag, too!
oh so cute!!! and stef your hair is getting so LONG! (or maybe i've just never seen it straight?) love it!
eli is looking so big! can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!
Post a Comment