Saturday, February 7, 2009
It Finally Happened!
I wouldn't say I've been expecting this to happen, but I'm not really surprised that it did. Since we moved to Houston, I've noticed that many parking stalls are remarkably small, including the two different apartment complexes we've lived in. At first I was scared about me hitting someone, but lately I've worried about someone hitting us. Why? Well, the person who parks next to us has been known to park over the yellow line to the extent that we can't park our car in our space. Before, our car hasn't been there when that's happened, but this time we weren't so lucky. We were already there when they came in a little too close as you can tell. Fortunately, we've already been in contact with their insurance and will be getting the damaged assessed next weekend.
Our apartment complex is not the only place with ridiculously small parking spaces, however. When I worked at Bellaire High School, I was always amazed that we teachers were able to get in and out of the parking lot without hitting each other. At least the stalls were diagonal. The Whole Foods parking lot doesn't have that advantage. We don't shop there often, but the few times I've been there, it's quite scary to back out. Don't people think before painting those yellow lines? We're not all driving compact cars.
Still, people do need to be careful, especially knowing that there isn't much space. If you park crooked, back out and re-park. That is a pet peeve of mine. Just yesterday I went to the store and came out to find that the car parked next to me was over the yellow line and dangerously close to my car. The worst, besides this that just happened, was last year when I came out of the store to find that the car was so close that I couldn't open my driver's side door. I was seven or eight months pregnant, and I had to get in on the passenger's side and straddle my way to the driver's seat. For those of you who have been pregnant, you can imagine it wasn't that comfortable. Where is the consideration? I couldn't have gotten in even if I hadn't been pregnant.
Conclusion: The chicken crossed the road because of parking problems!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment