Ever since Eli watched an old episode of He-Man online he has been proclaiming "I have the power!" Today when I reminded him of his nap time, we had a very humorous conversation about nap power.
Eli: "I can't take a nap. I don't have nap power."
Me: "Oh really? Why not?"
Eli: "Um...(thinking)...because Daddy has the nap power and he didn't give it to me, so I don't have the power to take a nap."
Me: "Oh, I see, so you have to wait until Daddy comes home, and then you can take a nap?"
Eli: "Yes, yes. I just don't have nap power. But Daddy gave me garbage truck toy power, so we can go play garbage trucks!"
Me: "Oh, okay, but guess what? I have nap power because Daddy gave it to me before he left."
Eli: "Oh, so you can go take a nap?"
Me: "Yes, and you can come with me because I will give you the power."
Eli: "No! (starting to cry) I don't want you to give me nap power because I don't want to take a nap."
Well, I guess it was only funny until the crying took over, but you have to hand it to him, he's a creative little boy.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
oh that is too funny! what a silly boy he is becoming! {love that he watched He-man! greatest show ever!!}
Oh my heck Steph! that was so cute and funny! Your little boy is definitely a creative kid for sure! Sounds like something I might have said when I was younger :)
Post a Comment