Several weeks ago Eli and I went to the Houston Zoo and saw their special dinosaur exhibit. They had life-sized dinosaurs that moved and made noise. Eli still doesn't quite understand how something can be real but not exist anymore. Either they're imaginary and they don't exist, or they're real and they still exist. He believes that there are dinosaurs alive somewhere out there. When I told him we were going to see the dinosaurs at the zoo, he was extremely excited. When he first saw them, he was a little nervous and kept asking me if they were bad or good dinosaurs (bad means meat-eating dinosaur and good means plant-eating dinosaur). I found it so humorous that I played along (I know, I know, I'm a mean mom). He honestly believed that they were real. Even when I told him that they were pretend, he still insisted they were real...until the very end when two of the dinosaurs squirted water from their mouths (hey, it's hot here, and it's a way to cool down the guests). He still hesitated to believe the truth, but I finally convinced him that they were mechanical. Real or not, he loved the dinosaurs at the zoo.
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment