This past week Eli and I came back from a trip to St. George to visit my parents and some of my siblings. We had a great time and enjoyed being with my family. Unfortunately, we caught a stomach bug right before we flew out of Houston (apparently a lot of people in our ward got it too), and we gave the bug to Aunt Monica. Eli threw up all over himself and his car seat, then later all over the bed. A few days later Monica and I ended up getting sick too. But I count my blessings because when Eli threw up in the car, we were about three minutes from my parents' home after a long trip from the Las Vegas airport. Can you imagine if he had thrown up any earlier in the two hour drive from Vegas to St. George? The thought is horrifying, so I will count my blessings and be grateful it happened the way it did.
Though we were sick for a couple of days, we still had a few days where we could play and have fun. We went swimming at the Washington Rec Center. Eli enjoyed it, but I think he disappointed his Aunt Monica and Uncle Kendall. They were used to their nephew Paxton who had gone on all the water slides a few weeks earlier. Eli isn't quite as water-loving as his cousin, so he had no desire to go down any slides. He did enjoy the lazy river, but the water was a little cold for him. It was cold for me too. I guess we're used to Houston swimming pools, which tend to be more like bath water. Still, he enjoyed being there with his aunt and uncle.
Eli loved Fiesta Fun, where Grandma and Grandpa Grant treated him to lots of fun and games. The bumper boats were especially humorous because Grandma Grant had trouble steering her boat. Eli kept saying, "Let's get her! Let's get her!" He was eager to bump her and squirt her with the water gun on our boat. He also enjoyed miniature golf with Grandpa Grant. I had to leave and go sit down because I was feeling a little sick, but my dad said that by the end he could see Eli contemplating his moves and the best course of action. He said it was fun to see Eli's little brain at work.
The day before we left to come home we got to celebrate Grandpa Grant's birthday with him. Eli loves family celebrations and getting together with everyone. I guess that's because he doesn't get it very often here in Houston. He has a hard time saying good-bye. He cried when he knew he wouldn't see his Uncle Kendall, Aunt Monica, or Grandpa and Grandma Grant for a while because he sure enjoyed the time he had with them.
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Glad you had an enjoyable trip. I just wish we could coordinate and have joined you. I have a feeling Paxton and Eli could keep each other pretty busy. :)
Post a Comment