One of the nice things about going to Disneyland was that it was close to where my sister lives in La Habra. We spent the day on Friday with her and her family and stayed with her on Friday night. Then we spent part of Saturday with them before she took us to the airport. It was the first time I got to see my niece Cadence, and only the second time I got to see my nephew Paxton. We had a good time and are very grateful for Bronwyn and Toni's hospitality.
We went to a children's indoor play area, and we went to the park on Saturday morning and enjoyed some beautiful weather. Eli is so funny because he will tell you that he wants a little brother or sister, but when he has younger kids around him, he's not sure he likes the invasion of space. He gets grumpy at church or in the grocery store when a little kid is just
looking at him. I guess it's proof that he is an only child and has no idea what having a little brother or sister means. Hopefully one day he'll get to find out. In the meantime, he certainly got a little dose while playing with Paxton, and in the end, Eli was sad to leave.
 |
| Eli and Paxton doing an art project |
 |
| My cute little niece Cadence |
 |
| Eli and Paxton playing at the park |
From California, we flew to Vegas where my dad picked us up at the airport. We enjoyed four warm days in St. George with my family. My brothers Spencer and Nephi came down with their families, so I got to see all of my siblings on this trip except for my brother Kendall.
We played outside and hiked in Zion National Park. We also played some miniature golf and went swimming. Eli got an early birthday celebration, which he loved. Unfortunately, I started getting a cold on my first day in St. George, so by the end of the trip, I was absolutely exhausted. But the weather cooperated beautifully, and we still had a great time.
Once again, Eli did not want to leave. He was glad that he got to see so much of my side of the family. It's not often that we all get together. I guess we should start planning some regular family reunions (
hint, hint). :-)
 |
| Josh reminiscing his childhood days on the playground by playing my brother Spencer in a game of tether ball. |
 |
| Eli jumping on the trampoline with his cousins Sophee and Logan. Eli absolutely adores Sophee. She's the only one close in age on my side of the family. |
 |
| Eli's Uncle Nephi and cousin Dieter and Aunt Monica |
 |
| My dad giving Eli a cookie--the theme of visiting grandparents...on either side. :-) |
 |
| We hiked the Gateway to the Narrows while at Zion. |
 |
| Josh racing my brothers, which was hilarious to watch. They were all gasping for air at the end. I don't think there will be any Olympic golds in this group. :-) |
 |
| Eli LOVES his Aunt Monica! |
2 comments:
we had so much fun with you guys! Logan keeps thinking he see's Eli on our playground (any boy eli's age...logan gets excited and says ELI!) ha haa.. I agree..someone should start planning regular family reunions! :)
Paxton was so bummed to wake up from his nap and find out you all had left. He cried for several minutes at your departure. But I'm sure Eli was relieved to be free of his shadow for awhile. :) We truly loved your visit. Come again anytime! And we do need to start considering a family reunion. Things to consider: when is the best time? where? are all the families willing to commit some $$ to getting together? I'll try to send out an email to all the kids to get their response/feedback. I know all our kids would love getting to know each other better (and I would love it just as much).
Post a Comment